Time flies ! WordPress just sent me a blog anniversary notification. I thought I would write, on this occasion, another “count your blessings” blog post !
I’m thankful for:
- All the refreshments -water, water sprays and fans available during the heatwave
- An easy start of the new school year, with an exciting (and busy !) program and friendly colleagues
- My English professor who was kind enough to review my resume and my cover letter
- The fact that we have access to medications: my father is now under antibiotics because he might have been bitten by a nasty tick… (= probability of Lyme disease 😦 )
- Tomorrow, God willing, my mom will turn 56 ! She still looks like a little doll and probably is the most beautiful and perfect 56 yo in town (Ok, I might be biaised but really is that beautiful both inside and out). I will never take my mom for granted. She is a cancer survivor and went through many hard times in her life and in spite of that, her optimism and joy in the Lord strucks me every day. I love her and I am so thankful for her- she is my best friend, my miracle and my joy.
- All the school supplies that make studying fun, and more generally all the comforts I am able to benefit from as a student.
- The hope that the Lord Jesus is near
- Answered prayers: I prayed that He would make me bolder for Him. As I naturall am a people-pleasing person, He is teaching me, through many things and experience, to put Him first and not to be ashamed of Him.I realized that the more time you spend with Christ, the less you are afraid of man.
- Puffed rice chocolate (OF COURSE THIS IS A BLESSING !)
- A lesson I am learning right now: That there is no substitute for God. For example, no matter how spiritual and good someone might seem, he or she will never be able to fill the void in your life …