Via Pinterest- Trade your plastic for mason jars !
I lost my glasses.
The good thing is that I know where they are: probably at home, because the case in which I carefully put them every time I take them off is still at my parents home. But I cant find them, and I know why. We have way too much stuff.
Back to my student life. Sometimes, I spend more time on cleaning instead of, like every student, being at my desk studying.
Because I have too much stuff in my apartment. My parents are overly generous and every time they come over, they bring bags of food, clothes I left at their home, cleaning supplies, new towels “just in case” and all sorts of gadgets. They are so kind. But though I was blessed during my student years to learn, by living on my own, how to be a homemaker and I learned lots of housekeeping skills, I’m still convinced that I have spent more time cleaning than the average student. Not only my parents, but my relatives never miss an occasion to give: you’ll probably see it in one of my future posts on the topic, but I lost track of the number of makeup palettes my aunt gave me as presents.
I am all for hospitality and generosity, but the strain I endured because of all that clutter in my life made me realize that it’s time to rethink the way our consumption.
There are plenty of posts on zero waste/minimalist post on the Internet if you are not familiar with that movement/trend yet. I probably won’t become as radical as Bea Johnson, whose lifestyle I love yet for lots of reasons I can’t get rid of everything I own so it will definitely be a long journey. However, I will try to document it, in pictures- and as I declutter my apartment, I hope to make more space in my life for other things…
Stayed tuned for the next post !
Time flies ! WordPress just sent me a blog anniversary notification. I thought I would write, on this occasion, another “count your blessings” blog post !
I’m thankful for:
- All the refreshments -water, water sprays and fans available during the heatwave
- An easy start of the new school year, with an exciting (and busy !) program and friendly colleagues
- My English professor who was kind enough to review my resume and my cover letter
- The fact that we have access to medications: my father is now under antibiotics because he might have been bitten by a nasty tick… (= probability of Lyme disease 😦 )
- Tomorrow, God willing, my mom will turn 56 ! She still looks like a little doll and probably is the most beautiful and perfect 56 yo in town (Ok, I might be biaised but really is that beautiful both inside and out). I will never take my mom for granted. She is a cancer survivor and went through many hard times in her life and in spite of that, her optimism and joy in the Lord strucks me every day. I love her and I am so thankful for her- she is my best friend, my miracle and my joy.
- All the school supplies that make studying fun, and more generally all the comforts I am able to benefit from as a student.
- The hope that the Lord Jesus is near
- Answered prayers: I prayed that He would make me bolder for Him. As I naturall am a people-pleasing person, He is teaching me, through many things and experience, to put Him first and not to be ashamed of Him.I realized that the more time you spend with Christ, the less you are afraid of man.
- Puffed rice chocolate (OF COURSE THIS IS A BLESSING !)
- A lesson I am learning right now: That there is no substitute for God. For example, no matter how spiritual and good someone might seem, he or she will never be able to fill the void in your life …
Hy Ladies !
I am really excited to write this post (and no, it was not a lack of inspiration that led me to find some kind of super-uber-excited way of introduce it in order to get your attention lol). I am really excited to start university again, for what will be, God willing, my last year of pharmacy.
First of all, I want to start this post by thanking my God and Lord Jesus for the wonderful opportunity -after a year of questions and struggles, of an unexpected door- a Master’s degree in immunology, which is really interesting scientifically speaking and whose professors are amazing.
So today, for a bit of fun and also because I am well aware that I won’t have much time blogging this year, except for a few short posts every now and then, I thought I would blog about my back to school plans and habits ! Continue reading “Today’s diary: My back to school post !”